Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What is The Cheap Geek?

Well to put it simply it is someone who loves tech but has no money. I personally love everything that requires batteries or an electrical cord but I can't afford that $500 Nvidia GTX8800 video card for gaming. (in fact, I haven't built a computer that cost over $600 since I helped my dad build his "high-end" gaming machine!) Does that make me any less of a geek? NO! Anyone can be a great geek for very little money. This is especially true today because of the massive amounts of high quality open source software. This blog is for the geek with the lean wallet. I want to lead you to places where you can get your geek on with out passing out every time you look at your credit card bill. I am only one man so I don't think that I have all the answers. I hope to use this blog to call upon the comments and ideas of others who suffer from this same condition. Feel free to comment and give your own ideas.

As well as getting your cheap geek on, I hope to lead you to some great learning resources that have helped me on my geeky path.

No comments: