Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Drastic Measures...

My current computer is um... old. Actually it's not that bad it is a 1.3 ghz AMD Athlon with 768 mb of pc 133 ram with a 128mb PCI Radeon card. This is a decent computer for common tasks but when I start gaming it starts to get smoking hot! The inside of the case is stuffed full of IDE cables and a huge air flow director. I finally got tired of it and decided to take measures into my own hands. I have always wanted to mod my own case but never had a case that I thought would be worth it. So I decided to put a side viewing panel on it and then put a 120mm side fan on it. I hope that this is going to help, I also am planning on making those unsightly IDE cables look a little bit nicer and possible make them round. (we will see how that turns out) After a few case lights and some model paint the case might look almost cool.

I know what some people might be thinking "What on earth is he putting all of that time and effort into such a lame PC?" My rational is why on earth would I take a nice case and try to cut holes into it on my first try. If I totally destroy this computer then I haven't lost anything valuable and this gives me that opportunity to learn. After all, I'm cheap.

Comment and give me ideas about what else I can do as well as some of your own modding stories.

No comments: